Communities play an important role in the art industry, especially when it comes to supporting and nurturing African art. Once a community is supportive of an artist, the artist will find that both their success increases and their notoriety improves. Additionally, not only will the arts flourish, but the community will also see an increase in their tourist economy and in their overall morale. Below are just a few reasons why it’s important for communities to support local art.
Some philosophers or theories say that art is a way to imitate what you see, as such accuracy and honesty in art are highly valued.
Plato’s theory on art purports that art is nothing more than a copy of a copy of an ideal, thrice removed. Using a couch as an example he believed that the true artist was a god, who then inspired the carpenter, who then inspired the painter.
Looking for something?
- 7 TIPS ON HOW TO COLLECT WORKS BY EMERGING ARTISTS January 10, 2019
- THE ART OF GIVING: GIVE THE GIFT OF ART THIS FESTIVE SEASON! December 3, 2018
- WHY ART EMBRACES NUDITY November 21, 2018
- IN CONVERSATION WITH NWACHUKWU IKE ON ABSTRACT FIGURATIVE PAINTING November 14, 2018
- 5 FACTS ABOUT BEN ENWONWU’S NOTABLE ‘PRINCESS TUTU’ PAINTING November 7, 2018