Culture is a string of symbols, narratives, discourses, artifacts and objects that are rather ambitious to totally unravel. African culture is one that is as diverse as the ethnic groups that exist and thrive within it. It is a situation of constantly fluctuating interaction between various narratives and practices, which is why it is interesting and engaging to encounter various aspects of the African culture in different art pieces.
Halloween is an annual holiday celebrated each year on October 31st which originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off ghosts. Over the years, Halloween has evolved to be something less serious but all the same, has become a big deal for the fun of it.
Artyrama, an online platform recognised widely for procurement of art works from emerging to seasoned reputable artists in the contemporary African art space will have an exhibition at West Africa’s premier international art fair – ART X Lagos.
Some people travel often and like to collect postcards as memorabilia of places visited or, if they are into the arts, they visit exhibitions where postcards of the works available for purchase. Meanwhile, there are others who love the idea of collecting post cards but don’t because they believe that they’ll eventually litter their space.
Looking for something?
- ELIZABETH EKPETORSON: THE CUBIST-IMPRESSIONIST ARTIST March 8, 2019
- CHOOSING WALL COLOURS TO COMPLEMENT YOUR ARTWORKS February 28, 2019
- THE ARTYRAMA ‘LOVE’ COLLECTION February 13, 2019
- BONAVENTURE SOH NDIKUNG TO BE ARTISTIC DIRECTOR OF SONSBEEK 2020 February 6, 2019
- KIMATHI DONKOR WINS 2019 DE’LONGHI ART PROJECT ARTIST AWARD January 15, 2019